- Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Telcom Pro's - Switch Technicians unite!  

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister   

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send Topic Print  
Santera/Tekelec/Genband...Santera-1/T-9000/C3-8000
Read 7765 times

Bryan   Offline
Past Contributor
I Love Telcom!!

Santera/Tekelec/Genband...Santera-1/T-9000/C3-8000
Sep 22nd, 2008 at 5:53pm

This is the softswitch that I currently work in on a daily basis.  I have been in this since Santera, through Tekelec's purchase and subsequent sale to Genband (it's current owner).  Genband also purchased the VBX (Vocaldata VoIP platform) but has also been recently sold to Broadsoft. 

We currently have 5 c3-8000's deployed in the midwest (1 class 4, and 4 class 5).  We also have our DMS up in Wisconsin, that we'll eventually be decom'ing after integrating another c3-8000.  We also had a DMS that we decom'd out of a pop in Kentucky, which was an interesting feat.

The Santera (as I still call it out of prinicipal..., it's had 3 owners in 5 years...sheesh) is pretty nice as it takes up about 3/4 of the footprint that the DMS head-end takes up.  ...It's pretty wild seeing the size of it (a refrigerator) handling a similar capacity of a small DMS.

I'll round up some pictures eventually and post em here to show everyone.
B

IP Logged    

Paul   Offline
Site Administrator
Switch Technician

Southern Maine

Re: Santera/Tekelec/Genband...Santera-1/T-9000/C3-8000
Reply #1 - Sep 23rd, 2008 at 9:07am

I think Tom at Pine Tree has one of those switch's as well.

WWW Paul 256433011082857 3636741
IP Logged    

PitViper0717   Offline
Past Contributor
PBX Vendor
Switch Installer
Sales Engineer
Translations Technician
Switch Technician
NOC Technician
Network Technician
SS7 Technician

NE Arkansas

Re: Santera/Tekelec/Genband...Santera-1/T-9000/C3-8000
Reply #2 - Mar 1st, 2013 at 5:57pm

I had one of the SanteraOne/Tekelec T9000/Genband G9's back in the day. We converted over to the Metaswitch back in 05. I can't say that I wasn't sorry to see it go.

It seemed to be a pretty flexible and reliable switch for class 4 applications, but I hated it in the end-office.

I actually had a Genband Engineer call me for support on it once...true story...

WWW smeagel_ate_my_homework
IP Logged    

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send Topic Print