- Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Telcom Pro's - Switch Technicians unite!  

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister   

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send Topic Print  
SS7 ISUP Signalling
Read 7064 times

Paul   Offline
Site Administrator
Switch Technician

Southern Maine

SS7 ISUP Signalling
May 9th, 2012 at 1:16pm

(I should probably build a forum for signalling)

Is anyone here good with ISUP signalling?  I need someone to bounce an issue off of.

Anyone?

WWW Paul 256433011082857 3636741
IP Logged    

mountain   Offline
NOC Technician

Denver, CO USA

Re: SS7 ISUP Signalling
Reply #1 - May 9th, 2012 at 3:08pm

I do know some about SS7....

IP Logged    

Paul   Offline
Site Administrator
Switch Technician

Southern Maine

Reply #2 - May 9th, 2012 at 3:42pm

This is probably more of a finger pointing type scenario as compared to a real signalling issue but here goes.

Ok:

Scenario - Class 5 Dial-Tone subscriber with a PIC to another carrier for IntRA, IntER and International.

Subscriber makes an International call, my switch sets up the call to the IXC(FGD) tandem, in the ISUP IAM message, in the called number part of the message I provide the dialed digits(minus 011) along with the call type of "International"(binary 0000100), I get an ISUP Exit message followed by and ISUP ACM message.

Problem - even though I marked the call as International the underlying carrier claims they get a call type of "unknown", clearly the call type is being changed somewhere, probably by the tandem.

Opinion - Who's responsible?  Do I open a ticket or does the underlying carrier because they are getting the wrong call type?

IP Logged    

mountain   Offline
NOC Technician

Denver, CO USA

Reply #3 - May 9th, 2012 at 4:41pm

Could be a timer issue.  Switches allow only a certain amount of time between sending an IAM and receiving an ACM. I know you stated the IXC said the "Nature of Address" was unknown, but that seems unlikely if you sent international (though not impossible)

Let me look up that timer is.......

IP Logged    

mountain   Offline
NOC Technician

Denver, CO USA

Reply #4 - May 9th, 2012 at 5:10pm

Forget my ramblings above.....a Release meesage of sometype would be sent it a timer expired not an exit message.

The who opens a ticket coin toss.... Ultimately, you will have to make test calls for the tandem.  If the underlying carrier opens the ticket, then they have to get in contact with you to make test calls maybe while the other LEC is on the phone.  To get the problem solved, I would just open the ticket......

IP Logged    

Paul   Offline
Site Administrator
Switch Technician

Southern Maine

Reply #5 - May 9th, 2012 at 6:16pm

These people really pissed me off so that's what I will be doing tomorrow, I'll open a ticket and when I prove something down stream with the tier 1 carrier is changing the call type I will send them the invoice for my time.

IP Logged    

mountain   Offline
NOC Technician

Denver, CO USA

Reply #6 - May 10th, 2012 at 11:28am

LOL Yeah, I know that feeling

IP Logged    

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send Topic Print