- Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Telcom Pro's - Switch Technicians unite!  

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister   

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send Topic Print  
DMS Training
Read 3657 times

Tina Melvin - DMS Training   Offline
I Love Telcom!!

DMS Training
Dec 14th, 2012 at 11:15am

I work for Innovatia as the product manager for our training portfolio - our company created and still provides self paced DMS training Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register. My assumption was that because this product has been phasing out....that the training was also. Then I found some data (like this site) that told me it was still alive and kicking! Probably partly due to the discontinued Universal Service Fund (thank you to the 30 year technician that informed me of that, I did not know!), and the fact that this big guy is so reliable. Given that the technicians working the switches will need to retire some day, it makes sense that people will still need to be trained.   

How many of these switches are still out there? Are they being resold overseas, or does it even work in an environment that I'm assuming has a different networking technology than North America? Where would this training be needed?

Thank you in advance for any information you can help me with. And a big thank you to Paul who has graciously allowed me to post in your group! 

Tina

Tina Melvin
Product Manager - Training
Phone: (506) 674-5779   |   Toll-Free: (800) 363-3358
Email: tina.melvin@innovatia.net

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged    

ccsantos03   Offline
Switch Technician

Denver, CO
I Love Telcom!!

Re: DMS Training
Reply #1 - Aug 25th, 2017 at 3:46pm

Updating the link that was provided for DMS training. Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged    

Avenger291   Offline
Switch Technician

Ohio
I Love Telcom!!

Reply #2 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 1:56pm

ccsantos03 wrote on Aug 25th, 2017 at 3:46pm:
Updating the link that was provided for DMS training. Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Link is no longer working. Sad
Could not find anything on their website either.

Anyone know of any available training resource for DMS-100 and SERVORD on Secure-CRT?

IP Logged    

secretswitcher   Offline
I Love Telcom!!

Reply #3 - Feb 1st, 2018 at 10:46pm

Here's another vote for a good DMS-100 training resource. If it's affordable without corporate sponsorship, I'll pass it along to some people who would be eager to learn.

EDIT: Here's some youtube videos someone posted with instructional material. I encourage anyone out there with knowledge of routine operations to do the same.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged    

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send Topic Print