- Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Telcom Pro's - Switch Technicians unite!  

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister   

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send Topic Print  
9 second delay, PBX PRI ack message
Read 1426 times

Jospeh   Offline
VA
Divorce Made Simple...

9 second delay, PBX PRI ack message
Dec 15th, 2016 at 11:50am

Hello All,
I have a DMS-100 with LD carrier PRI's.  My customer is calling LD to a business with a PBX.  Not sure what model or brand.  LD carrier confirmed that far end PBX is taking 9 seconds to send back a call setup acknowledgement message.  This is fine for calls from test phones working direct off SS7 trunking.  My DMS PRI's are timing out and rejecting the call however. 

I've tried modifying table ISDNPROT to no avail.  Any advice on ISDNPROT or a different table?

Naver said I culd spel

IP Logged    

mountain   Offline
NOC Technician

Denver, CO USA

Re: 9 second delay, PBX PRI ack message
Reply #1 - Dec 16th, 2016 at 2:30pm

A couple of things:
1. Documentation in one part seems to imply XPM has to be reloaded for changes in table ISDNPROT to take effect.  In a separate document, it implies, it takes effect after the change in the table is made.  Reload the XPM just to be sure.
2. Table ISDNPROT has entries for USRTIMER and NETTIMER with no explanation.  I know table TRKSGRP for the PRI can have field IFCLASS set to NETWORK or USER.  I am not sure if this effects which entry in table ISDNPROT is used.  Datafill both USRTIMER and NETTIMER for the protocol variant.

IP Logged    

Jospeh   Offline
VA
Divorce Made Simple...

Reply #2 - Dec 19th, 2016 at 10:08pm

Thanks, I'll reload the DTCI tonight.

Naver said I culd spel

IP Logged    

Jospeh   Offline
VA
Divorce Made Simple...

Reply #3 - Dec 21st, 2016 at 3:45pm

Didn't seem to work.  Going to call the "called number" and see if I can get the name and number of their PBX people.  9 second delay is mind blowing to me.

Naver said I culd spel

IP Logged    

mountain   Offline
NOC Technician

Denver, CO USA

Reply #4 - Dec 22nd, 2016 at 8:10am

It is a long period of time.  I would tell your customer (or the far end) that the ISDN standards are established for a reason and those standards (a timer) are not being met - far end should be sending a CALL PROGRESS PRI message so an SS7 message can be sent (I think it is a SUS message) to your end saying "hang on, I am connecting the call".

IP Logged    

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send Topic Print