- Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Telcom Pro's - Switch Technicians unite!  

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister   

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send Topic Print  
J1T69A Tape Drive
Read 533 times

AKUPS88   Offline
Switch Technician

Alaska

J1T69A Tape Drive
Mar 8th, 2018 at 11:51am

J1T69A Tape Drive
We have some ooold DMS-10 1 Bay switches that are still in our network.  They are like pet rocks.  They do the job of being a pet rock very well.  Basically they do the job of nothing fancy very well.
The only issue we have with them is the tape drives in the switch.  The 1 Bays only have a tape drive and no disk drive.  Also note that they are at 403.31 generic. The tape drive are starting to have issues and the tapes associated with them.  Was wondering if there are any out there in your museums that are not in use?  We are looking for the following.

J1T69A Tape Unit Module
3M Model HCD–75 high–speed digital cartridge drive with 67–MB capacity

We are working with a vendor to possibly convert the tape drive to a solid state drive but that project is taking longer than expected.  Our tape drive cupboard is getting bare as we wait.

IP Logged    

mcole1   Offline
Switch Technician

I Love Telcom!!

Re: J1T69A Tape Drive
Reply #1 - Mar 28th, 2018 at 8:23am

I worked for Nortel GTAC. We successfully upgraded these 1 bay DMS 10's to an Optical drive but had to upgrade the software & hardware to a 500 Generic first.

IP Logged    

mcole1   Offline
Switch Technician

I Love Telcom!!

Reply #2 - Jun 22nd, 2018 at 10:03am

You can actually power down the tape drive and replace it with a hard drive and perform dump bus A. It will work.

IP Logged    

AKUPS88   Offline
Switch Technician

Alaska

Reply #3 - Jun 22nd, 2018 at 11:17am

Thanks for the info.  Might see we can scrounge up disk drives for our worst sites.

IP Logged    

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send Topic Print