- Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Telcom Pro's - Switch Technicians unite!  

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister   

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send Topic Print  
Send Logs over EIU
Read 296 times

pestatp   Offline
Switch Technician

I Love Telcom!!

Send Logs over EIU
Oct 3rd, 2018 at 9:52am

Hey all,

I wanted to see if there was a way send logs over EIU, like you can send SMDR records?

Also, I should note, we don't have an SDM.

« Last Edit: Oct 3rd, 2018 at 12:01pm by pestatp »

IP Logged    

mountain   Offline
NOC Technician

Denver, CO USA

Re: Send Logs over EIU
Reply #1 - Oct 4th, 2018 at 9:18am

You are asking two different questions.  Logs and SMDR.  If you are asking for an automated process within the DMS software, then no.  SMDR can be transferred via an automated process but it requires a X.25 connection as far as I know.

Both logs and SMDR can be sent over the EIU, but it requires an external means/program. 

For logs, an external program would log into the switch, type in LOGUTIL, then START and collect the information scrolling across the screen.  It would be logged in all the time.  If you have 5ESS switches, you can use a 5ESS interface known as ROP and have it log into the DMS to collect the logs.

For SMDR,  an external program would log into the switch, view table DIRPHOLD, determine which files need to be downloaded, FTP those files to a server and delete the entry in DIRPHOLD.

IP Logged    

pestatp   Offline
Switch Technician

I Love Telcom!!

Reply #2 - Oct 4th, 2018 at 9:25am

Yeah, sadly, that is what I have found as well.  Logs cannot be sent over IP from anywhere but the SDM.  But we had a couple serial to IP converters laying around, so we just piped the logs to that and it works just fine.

On the SMDR front, you can send it over the EIU without requiring anything else.  You can set the device as TCP in table SLLNKDEV.  Then the switch sends SMDR  to the IP/port you specify in SLLNKDEV.

IP Logged    

1palm   Offline
Switch Technician

Reply #3 - Oct 8th, 2018 at 11:12am

We've taken/cabled termdev-based devices to a terminal server (eg Lantronics older scs1600, newer slc1600) and converted them to IP there. Then the stream gets routed to alarm systems, etc.

Not familiar/sure with the EIU.

IP Logged    

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send Topic Print