- Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Telcom Pro's - Switch Technicians unite!  

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister   

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send Topic Print  
BSY tone when called cell phone is out of service.
Read 226 times

Rob   Offline
Switch Technician

I Love Telcom!!

BSY tone when called cell phone is out of service.
Aug 8th, 2019 at 5:58pm

Strange problem here with my SL-100 connecting to cell phones that are out of cell provider service area, i.e. in a subterranean concrete basement.

SL-100 callers get bsy tone if the called cell phone is out of coverage and ONLY if out of coverage.

I can dial the out of coverage cell phone number from a Century Link pots line and from any other cell phone and I get the called cell phones voicemail box instead of bsy tone. It is ONLY from the SL-100 that I get bsy tone instead of voicemail.

I have run a traver against a known working cell phone and against the called number when it is in service and the result is identical to the traver when it is out of coverage.

Posting an SL-100 number in LTP  and then calling the cell phone reveals it grabs a trunk and seemingly completes the call.

I changed the order of the trunks so it would grab the last one which is from a different carrier and results are the same. 

It takes about 10 seconds of dead air (no ringing or anything) from the last digit dialed until you hear the bsy tone, and about 15 seconds of dead air to connect to voicemail box from Century Link or another cell phone.

Is there a table or control for delay threshold for handover to carrier, as if the switch doesn't receive a carrier acknowledgment it will dump the call? My Tier II support says there is no such threshold, but I cant think of anything else.

Thanks,
-Rob

IP Logged    

1palm   Offline
Switch Technician

Re: BSY tone when called cell phone is out of service.
Reply #1 - Aug 15th, 2019 at 1:00pm

Could you post a calltrak of a bad call?

IP Logged    

mountain   Offline
NOC Technician

Denver, CO USA

Re: BSY tone when called cell phone is out of service.
Reply #2 - Aug 16th, 2019 at 11:58am

Or if the SL-100 is using a PRI for the call, post a PMDEBUG PRI session.  That will tell you if a PRI timer is expiring. There is a PRI timer used between the SETUP message sent and an acknowledgment received.  The PMDEBUG will tell you if the timer expires.

IP Logged    

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send Topic Print