- Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Telcom Pro's - Switch Technicians unite!  

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister   

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send Topic Print  
OMSHOW enable
Read 157 times

xlat piddler   Offline
Switch Technician
NOC Technician
Network Technician

I Love Telcom!!

OMSHOW enable
Mar 29th, 2021 at 4:26pm

Hello. Newbie here. 
In our network we have lots of DMS100s with different levels of OMSHOW enabled.  OMSHOW holding seems to be the most common.  But I would like to enable all levels of OMSHOW on any switch in the network I happen upon.  Specifically OMSHOW ds1carr week, and OMSHOW trk week

Does anyone have any idea on how to enable these if they aren't already set up to view?

IP Logged    

1palm   Offline
Switch Technician

Re: OMSHOW enable
Reply #1 - Mar 29th, 2021 at 5:17pm

Depending on the switch's om xfer period setting your 'holding' period will be the full (eg) 15 or 30 minutes worth of data period prior to the current 'active' period which will be from the last quarter or the last half hour up to the current 15 or 30 minutes.

But insofar as what OM groups are associated with what OM classes that's up to you. You can add groups to classes (eg add ds1carr or trk to "week") but there's no guarantee "week" exists in that switch.

Class names can be customized to whatever you want them to be. Also classes can contain as many or as few OM groups as you want in them.

Omshow doesn't get "enabled." It's a command that can be used to show whatever group(s) are associated with whatever classes in which that group might reside.

IP Logged    

xlat piddler   Offline
Switch Technician
NOC Technician
Network Technician

I Love Telcom!!

Reply #2 - Jun 17th, 2021 at 11:49am

1palm wrote on Mar 29th, 2021 at 5:17pm:
You can add groups to classes (eg add ds1carr or trk to "week") but there's no guarantee "week" exists in that switch.

Hi!  Thank you for your answer.  Can you be more specific please?  I tried to do it, but as you see below my results did not work.

CI:
>omshow ds1carr week 'HOST DTCI 1 10 C'

WEEK is not a valid class for that group
>add ds1carr week 'HOST DTCI 1 10 C'
NO COMMAND IN LINE

IP Logged    

milton   Offline
NOC Technician

Reply #3 - Jun 17th, 2021 at 12:47pm

the attached should give you a better understanding of the OM system

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register (542 KB | 4 )

IP Logged    

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send Topic Print