- Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Telcom Pro's - Switch Technicians unite!  

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister   

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send Topic Print  
announcement routing translations question
Read 59 times

KNilges   Offline
Switch Technician

I Love Telcom!!

announcement routing translations question
Jun 16th, 2021 at 5:43pm

How do I add announcement path for numbers that are no longer valid on my switch?  how do I check sfdev if the announcements are still loaded to my switch?

SN9

IP Logged    

milton   Offline
NOC Technician

Re: announcement routing translations question
Reply #1 - Jun 17th, 2021 at 9:29am

I'm not a translations guy so I don't have a lot of detail but typically you would assign a treatment like BLDN (blank directory number) when you remove the number from service as part of the servord command.

For example; OUTDN NOW 15 12 18 AM 206 NO 2345678 BLDN

You can see what files you have in sfdev with "listsf"
You can see all files in sfdev with "listsf info all"

The announcements are stored in an dram/edram within your ioc/iom mtm

check these table out to see what you have and where it is...
EDRAMINV
ANNS
ANNMEMS
DRAMS
DRAMTRK
DRMUSERS

IP Logged    

KNilges   Offline
Switch Technician

I Love Telcom!!

Re: announcement routing translations question
Reply #2 - Jun 17th, 2021 at 9:40am

So, what I understood to be happening is the following.
Back story:
We are migrating to Metaswitch.  The scheme in the meanwhile, since the number pools are the same.  Is for inbound calls, if the call is not on the Meta then dump the call to the DMS on IMT for translations to sort out if it is owned or not.  If the DMS has the number no problem otherwise we should be hairpinning the call back to the Meta.

This is accomplished by setting all migrated numbers to ANCT treatment.  ANCT is set to the OFRT for the IMT between the Meta and the DMS.  I believe that this does not cause a loop because the IMT route is not set to re-route calls and kills the call when the DMS sends back the ISUP release message.  The DMS is sending back the wrong ISUP release message.  It is sending 10,unknown; instead of relase code 1.  I guess I am trying to figure out what needs to be set on the DNs to make it respond with a release code 1.

So because it sees the wrong ISUP release code the META is terminating the call with 480 instead of 404.

IP Logged    

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send Topic Print